|Wednesday, March 17, 2010|
Posted by Scott Tibbs at 4:30 AM (#)
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. -- 1 Corinthians 6:18
A March 10 letter to the editor encourages students to "protect themselves and their partner's health by being responsible when engaging in sexual activity." The author then goes on to advertise STD screenings at Planned Parenthood, the nation's most prolific baby-killing organization that brings in over $1 billion in annual revenue.
Of course, there is an easy way to deal with the problem of sexually transmitted diseases. If sexual activity is confined to a lifelong, monogamous, heterosexual marriage STD's would vanish within a generation. But then Planned Parenthood would be out of business. We can't have that, can we?
The dirty little secret is that if you do not have sex until you are married and you choose a spouse who has done the same, you have no need to worry about getting a sexually transmitted disease. There will be no need to be tested by a government-funded organization like Planned Parenthood because you will not have been exposed to any diseases.
God designed sex for both enjoyment and procreation, but only within a specific context. Outside of marriage, sex becomes a perversion of God's gift and a violation of His commandments. This has been devastating for the family, for society and for individuals, and has created a public health nightmare.
It should not be a surprise that children born out of wedlock are statistically much more likely to live in poverty than children born to married parents. A stable marriage is and will always be a much more effective means of preventing children from living in poverty than any government welfare program.
Fortunately, there is a means of escape from sin, through the power of the Holy Spirit and the shed blood of Jesus Christ. In Mark 2:17, the Lord said, "they that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." If we confess our sins, he will forgive us and cleanse us of that sin. (1 John 1:9) Seek out a Bible-believing church, and you will be on your way to justification.
Note: All posts must be approved by the blog owner before they are visible on the blog.
Below are the rules for commenting on ConservaTibbs.com.
- A reasonable level of civility is expected. While it is expected that controversial political and social issues may generate heated debate, there are common-sense limits of civility that will be enforced.
- This blog is a family-friendly site. Therefore no cursing, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, etc. will be allowed. This is a zero-tolerance rule and will result in automatic deletion of the offending post.
- Anonymity has greatly coarsened discourse on the Internet, so pseudonyms are discouraged but not forbidden. That said, any direct criticism of a person by name cannot be done anonymously. If you criticize someone, you have to subject yourself to the same level of scrutiny or the comment will be deleted.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the post.
- All moderation decisions are final. I may post an explanation or I may not, depending on the situation. If you have a question or a concern about a moderation decision, e-mail me privately rather than posting in the comments.
Thank you for your cooperation.