Posted by Scott Tibbs at 4:30 AM (#)
Jesus Christ is the Son of God. The Jesus we read about in the New Testament is the same God we read about in the Old Testament. (See John 1:1, Philippians 2:5-6, and Colossians 1:15-17.) It is important to establish that there is only one God as our foundation when we tackle a wicked heresy of modern times.
That heresy is that Jesus completely rejected violence. Many in modern society have thrown away the bloody parts of Scripture to worship a fabricated "jesus" that never existed - a long haired, dope smoking, tree hugging, maggot infested, good time rock and rolling FM type. But the reality is that the Bible is overflowing with the violent judgment of God on His enemies. A few examples:
- God ordered King Saul to utterly destroy the Amalekites in 1 Samuel 15.
- The execution of Jezebel in 2 Kings 9:30-33 was particularly brutal.
- Jesus used a whip to violently drive the moneychangers out of the temple in John 2:13-16.
- God struck Ananias and Sapphira dead in Acts 5.
- God struck down King Herod in Acts 12.
There are many more examples, from the incineration of Sodom and Gomorrah (and everyone in those cities) to the prophesies of the Book of Revelation. It is impossible to honestly read Scripture without coming across the violent judgment of God. The statement that Jesus rejected violence is a lie straight from Hell.
I find this offensive because these people are committing blasphemy against the Savior who shed His blood for my sins. First, they are straight up lying about Jesus Christ. Second, they are holding Jesus to a "standard" He did not meet but they do, meaning they declare themselves more righteous than God. I am offended by this for the same reason I am offended by hippies who spew lies from Hell that Jesus was a vegetarian. (See here, here and here.)
I am not saying that we should engage in violence to emulate God. After all, the Bible forbids us from taking vengeance for ourselves, because that belongs to God. We are to live at peace with all men if possible. (See Romans 12:18-19.) And it is true that Jesus Christ is the Prince of Peace and eventually all war and violence will be eliminated - but that peace will come after He has completely destroyed His enemies.
But the fact remains that the "jesus" that rejected violence never existed. The people who worship this false, fabricated so-called "jesus" worship a false god, meaning they actually worship demons. (See 1 Corinthians 10:20-21.)
Note: All posts must be approved by the blog owner before they are visible on the blog.
Below are the rules for commenting on ConservaTibbs.com.
- A reasonable level of civility is expected. While it is expected that controversial political and social issues may generate heated debate, there are common-sense limits of civility that will be enforced.
- This blog is a family-friendly site. Therefore no cursing, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, etc. will be allowed. This is a zero-tolerance rule and will result in automatic deletion of the offending post.
- Anonymity has greatly coarsened discourse on the Internet, so pseudonyms are discouraged but not forbidden. That said, any direct criticism of a person by name cannot be done anonymously. If you criticize someone, you have to subject yourself to the same level of scrutiny or the comment will be deleted.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the post.
- All moderation decisions are final. I may post an explanation or I may not, depending on the situation. If you have a question or a concern about a moderation decision, e-mail me privately rather than posting in the comments.
Thank you for your cooperation.