|Wednesday, April 25, 2012|
Posted by Scott Tibbs at 4:30 AM (#)
Republicans think they have found a new issue that they can use to attack Obama. In his first book, Obama admitted eating dog.
Really? Is this our big line of attack in 2012? This is the issue we're pushing instead of Obama's reckless and destructive deficit spending, his overbearing and unaffordable health care "reform" law, his opposition to a much-needed oil pipeline in a time of skyrocketing gas prices, his "green energy" debacle, his abandonment of the Defense of Marriage Act, his pro-abortion extremism and an economy that remains terrible?
Now, don't get me wrong. I am a dog owner and I adore my pets. I could not imagine eating meat from a dog. But that is a product of the culture in which I grew up, not because there is anything intrinsically wrong with it. For those trying to make a big issue out of it, please answer the following question: What makes a dog more intrinsically special than the animals I have personally eaten: Bison, cows, elk, pigs, rabbits, deer, goats, snails, or chickens? It is a different culture, that is all.
I wish Christians would think Biblically before they jump on board with silly political gotcha games like this, because there is a Scriptural principle at stake here. The Apostle Paul writes in 1 Timothy 4:1-4 that those commanding to abstain from meats are preaching a doctrine of devils and speaking in lies and hypocrisy. The Apostle Paul and goes on to explain that "every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving." When we claim there is something morally deficient with Obama's diet when he was in Indonesia, we are in rebellion against God.
My other problem with it is the subtle cultural bigotry present in this silly campaign. They eat dog in another culture, so they must be backward or they are barbarians. Too bad they are not as good as us, right? But there are other cultures that would be horrified at the lavish treatment our dogs get in America.
Folks, Barack Obama might be the worst President in American history. We need to get rid of him this November. This campaign is too serious and the real issues we face are too important to be spending our time attacking Obama over such inane non-issues. We need to treat the 2012 election with the seriousness it deserves.
Below are the rules for commenting on ConservaTibbs.com.
- A reasonable level of civility is expected. While it is expected that controversial political and social issues may generate heated debate, there are common-sense limits of civility that will be enforced.
- This blog is a family-friendly site. Therefore no cursing, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, etc. will be allowed. This is a zero-tolerance rule and will result in automatic deletion of the offending post.
- Anonymity has greatly coarsened discourse on the Internet, so pseudonyms are discouraged but not forbidden. That said, any direct criticism of a person by name may not be done anonymously. If you criticize someone, you must subject yourself to the same level of scrutiny or the comment will be deleted.
- You must put a name or pseudonym on your comments. All comments by "Anonymous" will be deleted.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the post.
Thank you for your cooperation.