|Thursday, October 25, 2012|
Posted by Scott Tibbs at 2:30 AM (#)
Barack Obama, the standard bearer for the Democratic Party, supports and has defended infanticide. Obama opposed legislation that would make it illegal to kill a baby after he or she is born. Obama issued a regulation earlier this year under ObamaCare forcing Christian parachurch organizations to pay for abortifacient drugs, and if Obama is re-elected it is a safe bet that mandate will soon cover surgical abortion as well. Joe Donnelly enthusiastically supports Barack Obama, and Donnelly voted for ObamaCare. In this context, any discussion of Republicans being “extreme” on abortion is absurd on its face.
That won’t stop the Democrats from trying to hide their own truly militant position on abortion by attacking Republicans for being pro-life. Richard Mourdock said on October 23 that he did not believe abortion should be allowed in the case of rape and that all life is a blessing from God. Mourdock was asked a question and answered it honestly, something that we very rarely see in politics these days. Instead of trying to spin his position or trying to play the game of political correctness, Mourdock answered a question from his heart and was genuinely emotional in his response.
Democrats are shrieking hysterically over Mourdock’s answer, but there is nothing wrong with it. Unlike some “moderate” Republicans, Mourdock’s answer is intellectually consistent. If you truly believe that abortion is the willful, intentional termination of innocent human life, why would you allow those lives to be terminated as a punishment for the crimes of their father? Does the unborn child somehow become not human because his or her father committed a terrible crime that many people consider worthy of death?
The reality here is that Democrats are harping on 2% of all abortions, when over 95% of abortions are elective abortions. We have about 1.2 million abortions a year in this country and about 2% of those abortions are due to rape. The reason Democrats want to focus the debate on whether or not there would be exceptions for rape is because they want to hide the fact that they support the vast majority of abortions that are elective.
Furthermore, Democrats are radicals on the issue and were even before Obama. As you recall, President Clinton vetoed a ban on partial-birth abortion. In a partial-birth abortion, the baby is delivered feet first until only the head remains inside the mother’s body. The skull is punctured, the brain ripped out and the skull crushed to deliver a newly-dead baby. With Clinton and Obama as their standard bearers, how can Democrats accuse Mourdock of being “extreme” with a straight face?
Folks, this is ridiculous. Now is not the time for cowardly “Republicans” to be attacking Mourdock, throwing him overboard or demanding that he “apologize” for his remarks defending the right to life for all unborn children. We have got to stop freaking out and having panic attacks every time our enemies throw a temper tantrum about something. Instead of forming a circular firing squad, we should be aggressively attacking Donnelly and Obama for their pro-abortion record. We need to win this seat and we need principled conservatives like Richard Mourdock representing us in the U.S. Senate.
Below are the rules for commenting on ConservaTibbs.com.
- A reasonable level of civility is expected. While it is expected that controversial political and social issues may generate heated debate, there are common-sense limits of civility that will be enforced.
- This blog is a family-friendly site. Therefore no cursing, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, etc. will be allowed. This is a zero-tolerance rule and will result in automatic deletion of the offending post.
- Anonymity has greatly coarsened discourse on the Internet, so pseudonyms are discouraged but not forbidden. That said, any direct criticism of a person by name may not be done anonymously. If you criticize someone, you must subject yourself to the same level of scrutiny or the comment will be deleted.
- You must put a name or pseudonym on your comments. All comments by "Anonymous" will be deleted.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the post.
Thank you for your cooperation.