|Tuesday, November 27, 2012|
Posted by Scott Tibbs at 4:30 AM (#)
Without evidence of corruption or gross incompetence, the President should have the ability to appoint whoever they want for positions in their administration. The Senate may reserve the right to block a nominee, but most of them should go forward. This is why I think it was a mistake for Republicans to block IU law professor Dawn Johnsen. Her extremism may be repugnant, but she is cut from the same ideological cloth as Barack Obama and would only implement her employer's agenda.
This is not the case with Susan Rice, who Obama wants to appoint as Secretary of State. Here' we have clear evidence of corruption, broadcast worldwide two months ago and preserved on the Internet for history. Rice went on the Sunday talk show circuit the weekend after the terrorist attack and flagrantly lied about the attack, pretending it was a protest over a video that got out of control when it was obvious from the very beginning that it was a pre-planned terrorist attack to coincide with the anniversary of the war crimes of 9/11.
I keep hearing these conspiracy theories about the Benghazi attack, about how Obama did this, or didn't do that, and so forth. We can dismiss each and every one of these theories and still have more than enough evidence of corruption to deny Rice the honor of serving as Secretary of State. The fact that she knowingly and intentionally lied to the American people about what really happened in Benghazi is more than enough evidence to block her nomination.
On top of the lies, this scandal exposes the anti-American agenda of the Obama regime. Obama desperately tried to blame this pre-planned terrorist attack on Muslim anger over a silly YouTube video, deflecting blame from the terrorists and placing blame on someone exercising his First Amendment rights. It was obvious from the beginning that the angry protests had nothing to do with the video, and that the video was simply an excuse to push for a ban on all criticism of Islam. Our President actually sided with the terrorists against free speech. This attitude cannot be rewarded!
Of course, because Rice is a black woman (because that apparently excuses being a liar) we are hearing the usual shrill screeching about racism and sexism. Give me a break. Her sex and skin pigmentation are irrelevant. This is an issue of character, and she has shown a clear lack of character by lying to the American people. The architects of the Benghazi cover up should not be rewarded with high positions of prestige in our government. The American people deserve better than that.
Below are the rules for commenting on ConservaTibbs.com.
- A reasonable level of civility is expected. While it is expected that controversial political and social issues may generate heated debate, there are common-sense limits of civility that will be enforced.
- This blog is a family-friendly site. Therefore no cursing, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, etc. will be allowed. This is a zero-tolerance rule and will result in automatic deletion of the offending post.
- Anonymity has greatly coarsened discourse on the Internet, so pseudonyms are discouraged but not forbidden. That said, any direct criticism of a person by name may not be done anonymously. If you criticize someone, you must subject yourself to the same level of scrutiny or the comment will be deleted.
- You must put a name or pseudonym on your comments. All comments by "Anonymous" will be deleted.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the post.
Thank you for your cooperation.