Posted by Scott Tibbs at 12:30 PM (#)
If only Baltimore Ravens star player Ray Rice had publicly declared himself to be a "transgender" woman, perhaps he would still have a job after brutally knocking out his fiancé, Janay Palmer.
Female MMA fighter Tamikka Brents recently suffered a broken eye socket that required seven staples, as well as a concussion due to a violent beating by her opponent - a man named Fallon Fox. While Fox claims to be a woman - and has had himself surgically mutilated - he is in fact a man. As a man, he has definite (and unfair) advantages against a woman in a sport like mixed martial arts.
Put aside for a moment the morality of transsexualism. If someone chooses to live as the opposite of their natural sex, that is one thing. It is something altogether different for a man (with all of the physical advantages being a man brings to hand-to-hand combat) to dishonestly pretend to be a woman and then brutally beat and injure a legitimate woman who was expecting to fight a woman rather than a man.
It shows how absurd our society has come that we are actually having a debate about this. In a time when we were sane, Fox would have been permanently banned from competing in MMA fights as a woman. There would have been no question about the propriety of his behavior. Again, setting aside the morality of transsexualism, it is simply unsafe to pit a woman against a man in a mixed martial arts fight.
It is sad that we as a society have gone so far over the edge, and that we have become so pathetic, that we refuse to recognize and name the plain and obvious truth: Fallon Fox is a man, not a woman.
Note: All posts must be approved by the blog owner before they are visible on the blog.
Below are the rules for commenting on ConservaTibbs.com.
- A reasonable level of civility is expected. While it is expected that controversial political and social issues may generate heated debate, there are common-sense limits of civility that will be enforced.
- This blog is a family-friendly site. Therefore no cursing, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, etc. will be allowed. This is a zero-tolerance rule and will result in automatic deletion of the offending post.
- Anonymity has greatly coarsened discourse on the Internet, so pseudonyms are discouraged but not forbidden. That said, any direct criticism of a person by name cannot be done anonymously. If you criticize someone, you have to subject yourself to the same level of scrutiny or the comment will be deleted.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the post.
- All moderation decisions are final. I may post an explanation or I may not, depending on the situation. If you have a question or a concern about a moderation decision, e-mail me privately rather than posting in the comments.
Thank you for your cooperation.