|Wednesday, December 31, 2014|
Posted by Scott Tibbs at 4:00 AM (#)
On HeraldTimesOnline, a hyperpartisan Leftist troll whined that for me to "acknowledge that the NYPD used excessive force in the Garner case, the blame must ultimately rest with a liberal Democrat."
This, of course, is a lie designed to dismiss substantive policy-based criticism of Bill de Blasio, as well as criticism of his hypocrisy in attacking the NYPD for following his orders. There is not one single person on HeraldTimesOnline - or in Monroe County - who has less to prove than I do when it comes to criticizing law enforcement.
Do I need to link to my letters criticizing excessive force and violations of civil rights, especially in the name of the failed War on Drugs? Apparently I do, so you can see those letters to the editor here and here and here and here and here and here. And that does not even include my many blog posts on the subject.
The troll was wrong when he tied my criticism of de Blasio to his opposition to "stop and frisk" - and he knows it. It was pure gutter politics spewed by someone who hides behind a fake name. The fact that the hyperpartisan Leftist troll did not retract his shamefully dishonest attack speaks volumes about who and what he is.
Bill de Blasio could have directed the NYPD to make selling "loosies" a low-priority offense, like he (rightly) did with marijuana. He did not, because he is too greedy for other people's money. Like a Mafia don, he was protecting his turf. He demanded some of that action. And when his made men do what he demands and shake people down for cash, he attacks them for it like the despicable hypocrite he is.
Note: All posts must be approved by the blog owner before they are visible on the blog.
, Mike Newton said...
"whined...pure gutter politics spewed...the hyperpartisan Leftist troll...Like a Mafia don, he was protecting his turf..."
Funny how good points get buried alive and lost in excessive hyperbole. Even when you're right, to a point, I often wonder how much bile you snort each morning to get fired up for the next tirade. As for being "hyperpartisan," well ... pot, kettle, black.
, Dan Hiester said...
Hyperpartisan trolls, both on the left and the right, suffer from many of the same problems with hypocrisy, cognitive biases, and generally not being super aware of how their words look or sound to others.
, Dan Hiester said...
In other words, the problem isn't the left. The problem is people who think strong opinions are important.
, Scott Tibbs said...
It's not "strong opinions" and has nothing to do with opinions. The accusation about "stop and frisk" is a lie made up out of whole cloth.
Below are the rules for commenting on ConservaTibbs.com.
- A reasonable level of civility is expected. While it is expected that controversial political and social issues may generate heated debate, there are common-sense limits of civility that will be enforced.
- This blog is a family-friendly site. Therefore no cursing, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, etc. will be allowed. This is a zero-tolerance rule and will result in automatic deletion of the offending post.
- Anonymity has greatly coarsened discourse on the Internet, so pseudonyms are discouraged but not forbidden. That said, any direct criticism of a person by name cannot be done anonymously. If you criticize someone, you have to subject yourself to the same level of scrutiny or the comment will be deleted.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the post.
- All moderation decisions are final. I may post an explanation or I may not, depending on the situation. If you have a question or a concern about a moderation decision, e-mail me privately rather than posting in the comments.
Thank you for your cooperation.