Posted by Scott Tibbs at 4:00 AM (#)
Bloomington Herald-Times, May 18, 2015 (Comments)
To the Editor:
Once again, Planned Parenthood has applied for a handout from city government's social services fund. This is the sixteenth time in the last seventeen years PP has come to taxpayers for corporate welfare, and with only a couple exceptions the city council has given them a handout every year. Even when PP did not get money from the social services fund in 2000, they got corporate welfare from the community development block grants fund.
I have explained many times over the years that Planned Parenthood does not need the welfare they get from city government. They are not even pretending to seek "one time" funding anymore, which is the purpose of the fund. They are asking for money to cover ongoing costs. Yet the city council repeatedly denies deserving organizations funding so they can make a pro-abortion political statement by donating money forcibly confiscated from taxpayers to Planned Parenthood.
I again strenuously object to my money going to an organization that performs the barbaric act of abortion at its "clinic" on South College Avenue. No organization that engages in the barbaric act of exterminating a human life in the womb should be funded by taxpayers.
End this corporate welfare farce.
Note: All posts must be approved by the blog owner before they are visible on the blog.
, Mike Newton said...
But leave all other corporate welfare--to churches and their "schools," Big Oil, the Koch brothers, defense contractors convicted of multiple felonies, etc., intact for "the good of the nation." It's the Republican way!
, Scott Tibbs said...
I have never said any corporation should get money from government. Your fantasies are not a valid argument.
Below are the rules for commenting on ConservaTibbs.com.
- A reasonable level of civility is expected. While it is expected that controversial political and social issues may generate heated debate, there are common-sense limits of civility that will be enforced.
- This blog is a family-friendly site. Therefore no cursing, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, etc. will be allowed. This is a zero-tolerance rule and will result in automatic deletion of the offending post.
- Anonymity has greatly coarsened discourse on the Internet, so pseudonyms are discouraged but not forbidden. That said, any direct criticism of a person by name cannot be done anonymously. If you criticize someone, you have to subject yourself to the same level of scrutiny or the comment will be deleted.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the post.
- All moderation decisions are final. I may post an explanation or I may not, depending on the situation. If you have a question or a concern about a moderation decision, e-mail me privately rather than posting in the comments.
Thank you for your cooperation.