Posted by Scott Tibbs at 7:30 AM (#)
I am donating space on the blog today today to promote the SFCCF money bomb.
Today is the money bomb to officially launch Students for Concealed Carry Foundation!
Students for Concealed Carry Foundation will be supporting students who protest being disarmed on campus, providing them with studies to better make their arguments when defending their rights, and take up litigation when necessary.
We also plan to have expansive education programs, from teaching students about their rights, to providing them with training on the actual handling of firearms.
Help us help students around the country as they stand up for their rights to protect themselves.
All donations up to $20,000 will be matched dollar-for-dollar by a generous donor, so there has never been a better time to make the most of your donation.
Our goal for the day is $6,000. So if 600 people across the nation were to donate just $10 a piece, our goal would be met.
Also, our top 5 largest donors will be contacted to vote on which initiative we will fund first. This is a great way to make your voice heard in the organization you are supporting.
To donate, visit http://sccfund.org/donate/
Students for Concealed Carry Foundation
Note: All posts must be approved by the blog owner before they are visible on the blog.
, Mike Newton said...
"Students for Concealed Carry Foundation will be supporting students who protest being disarmed on campus, providing them with studies to better make their arguments when defending their rights, and take up litigation when necessary."
With no opposition to this in theory (I've had a CCW permit for over 20 years, now extended for life under some new state law), I have to wonder where they'll find time amidst parties, fraternity and sorority activities, mindless adulation of sports in all forms, and the minor, incidental matter of academic study their parents are funding at ever-increasing rates, to "study" better ways of arguing why they should all be armed. Will it interrupt coach-worship or anguish over where that next beer is coming from? What's an overworked student to do? Never mind, at least the corporate pimps in charge of the NRA will be pleased, and neo-Nazi Larry Pratt will be ecstatic.
, Scott Tibbs said...
I think your characterization of students is unfair.
I know a lot of students who are very engaged in civic issues, and dedicated to their academic pursuits, and involved in volunteering for charitable organizations.
There are students who don't care, are only about parties, etc. Most, I would argue, balance recreation and serious pursuits.
And "recreation" needn't involve getting wasted and hooking up.
, MonroeCountyConservative VoteConservative said...
Thank you for promoting their fundraiser and organization.
Below are the rules for commenting on ConservaTibbs.com.
- A reasonable level of civility is expected. While it is expected that controversial political and social issues may generate heated debate, there are common-sense limits of civility that will be enforced.
- This blog is a family-friendly site. Therefore no cursing, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, etc. will be allowed. This is a zero-tolerance rule and will result in automatic deletion of the offending post.
- Anonymity has greatly coarsened discourse on the Internet, so pseudonyms are discouraged but not forbidden. That said, any direct criticism of a person by name cannot be done anonymously. If you criticize someone, you have to subject yourself to the same level of scrutiny or the comment will be deleted.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the post.
- All moderation decisions are final. I may post an explanation or I may not, depending on the situation. If you have a question or a concern about a moderation decision, e-mail me privately rather than posting in the comments.
Thank you for your cooperation.