Posted by Scott Tibbs at 12:30 PM (#)
Note: This is the speech I delivered at the rally to de-fund Planned Parenthood on July 28, 2015
I stand here before you today, as a citizen of Bloomington and an official write-in candidate for Bloomington City Council, calling for the end of city and county funding of this deplorable organization. The videos showing that Planned Parenthood was selling the body parts of aborted babies shocked the conscience and reminded many who would rather ignore the reality of abortion just how brutal and barbaric this procedure is.
When I announced my candidacy for Bloomington City Council, I said I was opposed to city funding of Planned Parenthood, though I did not expect the issue to become as prominent as it has been the last two weeks. Yet here we are, in response to some truly gruesome revelations.
But the fact that Planned Parenthood has been selling the body parts of aborted babies is far less serious and far less abominable than the fact that they are killing little human beings made in the image of God. And because of the city council and county council's actions, we have all been forced to subsidize this organization that exterminates human lives and corrupts our youth sexually. What does God think of this?
"Moreover thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne unto Me, and these hast thou sacrificed unto them to be devoured. Is this of thy whoredoms a small matter, That thou hast slain My children, and delivered them to cause them to pass through the fire for them?" -- Ezekiel 16:20-21
The baby parts selling scandal comes on the heels of this clinic, right here in Bloomington, being written up for severe and disturbing violations by the Indiana health department. The lack of concern for women's health detailed in the citations is just as disturbing as the videos that have caused a nationwide firestorm, and should be more so for those of us gathered here because this is happening in our own community.
How much more evidence do we need that this organization does not deserve funding from our local tax dollars? If Planned Parenthood applies for a grant from the county council's social services fund, that application should be rejected. And city councilor Dorothy Granger, who works as a clinic escort at Bloomington's Planned Parenthood facility, should have disclosed that fact and recused herself from the vote this past June.
No more corporate welfare for Planned Parenthood!
Note: All posts must be approved by the blog owner before they are visible on the blog.
Below are the rules for commenting on ConservaTibbs.com.
- A reasonable level of civility is expected. While it is expected that controversial political and social issues may generate heated debate, there are common-sense limits of civility that will be enforced.
- This blog is a family-friendly site. Therefore no cursing, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, etc. will be allowed. This is a zero-tolerance rule and will result in automatic deletion of the offending post.
- Anonymity has greatly coarsened discourse on the Internet, so pseudonyms are discouraged but not forbidden. That said, any direct criticism of a person by name cannot be done anonymously. If you criticize someone, you have to subject yourself to the same level of scrutiny or the comment will be deleted.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the post.
- All moderation decisions are final. I may post an explanation or I may not, depending on the situation. If you have a question or a concern about a moderation decision, e-mail me privately rather than posting in the comments.
Thank you for your cooperation.