|Wednesday, August 26, 2015|
Posted by Scott Tibbs at 4:00 AM (#)
The "no compromise" stance of animal "rights" extremists is a perfect example of how our culture has abandoned God's holy truth and is slipping ever deeper into earth worship. When God created the first man in His image, He gave us dominion over the entire earth, including the animal kingdom:
So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. -- Genesis 1:27-28
But Satan is both a liar and the father of lies, so he seeks to pervert God's truth and reverse it. Instead of giving man dominion over the earth, the lies of Satan set nature itself up as a "god" to be worshiped and glorified. The Apostle Paul, writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, warns of the consequences of this action in Romans 1:22-25.
Paul's words in his letter to the Romans is a perfect example of this foolishness. "Ethicists who study animal rights" sounds intellectual, does it not? It sure does. But they are not intellectuals and they are not wise. They are fools. A century ago, they would not have been taken seriously in the pages of the New York Times or any other newspaper. They would have been laughed at and ridiculed, if they were noticed at all.
That is because our nation, while never a "Christian" nation, was nonetheless strongly influenced by Biblical principles and understood that man alone carries God's image.
One of the most offensive positions of the extreme "animal rights" movement is the notion that pet ownership is akin to slavery. This is a shockingly racist and deeply offensive comparison. Even if one rejects God and His pronouncement that man bears His image to embrace the lies from Hell that man and animals are moral equals, it is deeply flawed, idiotic and stupid comparison. Taking an animal into one's home to provide food, shelter and care cannot be compared to forcing someone to work for you without compensation and using violence to enforce that. Think about it this way: the "logic" of animal "rights" fanatics would equate adopting a child to buying a slave. It is insane!
Christians should embrace responsible environmentalism and responsible animal welfare. But Christians must adamantly oppose the animal "rights" movement and the lies from Hell that drive that movement. In doing so, we show the love of Christ by loving our neighbor, refusing to lower him to the level of a rat.
Below are the rules for commenting on ConservaTibbs.com.
- A reasonable level of civility is expected. While it is expected that controversial political and social issues may generate heated debate, there are common-sense limits of civility that will be enforced.
- This blog is a family-friendly site. Therefore no cursing, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, etc. will be allowed. This is a zero-tolerance rule and will result in automatic deletion of the offending post.
- Anonymity has greatly coarsened discourse on the Internet, so pseudonyms are discouraged but not forbidden. That said, any direct criticism of a person by name may not be done anonymously. If you criticize someone, you must subject yourself to the same level of scrutiny or the comment will be deleted.
- You must put a name or pseudonym on your comments. All comments by "Anonymous" will be deleted.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the post.
Thank you for your cooperation.