Posted by Scott Tibbs at 4:00 AM (#)
One of the most valuable things the videos released by the Center for Medical Progress have done is pry open the public's eyes to the brutal reality of abortion.
When we talk about abortion, we couch it in language intended to hide the truth, because the truth about abortion is too gruesome for us to face. With that in mind, I present this quote from President Barack Obama:
- "As long as we've got to fight to protect a woman's right to make her own choices about her own health, I want you to know that you've also got a President who's going to be right there with you, fighting every step of the way. Thank you Planned Parenthood, God bless you." -- Barack Obama
Abortion is not discussed as the dismemberment of a human being made in the image of Almighty God. Instead, it is discussed as "women's health" or "reproductive health." Occasionally we will see the murder of little babies described as "abortion care" (which might be the most sickening description I have seen) but for the most part we speak in euphemisms instead of reality.
But abortion is not health care. It is the brutal murder of a little baby. We are even worse than the pagan nations of the Old Testament, who would throw their babies into a fire pit and burn them alive as a sacrifice to demons. At least the people who worshiped Molech were open and honest about what they are doing, in all of its warped depravity and unmitigated cruelty. We are the monkeys who see, hear or speak no evil and are horrified and offended when someone dares remind us of what abortion actually is and what the abortion industry actually does.
We do not want to be reminded of the reality of abortion because abortion is the sacrament of the American religion of sexual libertinism. Abortion is "needed" to separate sexuality from reproduction and (more importantly) to protect our culture's commitment to sexual license. This is why abortion apologists often whine that those who want to protect unborn babies from being murdered are actually trying to control people sexually. This is because the root cause of abortion is not bloodlust but just plain old boring lust.
It is because the abortion industry wants to hide the reality of abortion, and because the public prefers to be blind and deaf to the reality of abortion, that we need to continually pound away at the reality of abortion. The undercover videos have done a great service in humanizing the unborn baby, as do graphic photographs displayed by things like the Genocide Awareness Project. These tactics work, and the pro-life movement must not be shy about using them.
Note: All posts must be approved by the blog owner before they are visible on the blog.
Below are the rules for commenting on ConservaTibbs.com.
- A reasonable level of civility is expected. While it is expected that controversial political and social issues may generate heated debate, there are common-sense limits of civility that will be enforced.
- This blog is a family-friendly site. Therefore no cursing, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, etc. will be allowed. This is a zero-tolerance rule and will result in automatic deletion of the offending post.
- Anonymity has greatly coarsened discourse on the Internet, so pseudonyms are discouraged but not forbidden. That said, any direct criticism of a person by name cannot be done anonymously. If you criticize someone, you have to subject yourself to the same level of scrutiny or the comment will be deleted.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the post.
- All moderation decisions are final. I may post an explanation or I may not, depending on the situation. If you have a question or a concern about a moderation decision, e-mail me privately rather than posting in the comments.
Thank you for your cooperation.