|Thursday, September 3, 2015|
Posted by Scott Tibbs at 4:00 AM (#)
Matt Walsh made an excellent observation on Facebook about Donald Trump's ongoing "feud" with Megyn Kelly. More than anything, this disproves the myth that Trump is "courageous" and that he is speaking his mind without fear. First, let's review what Kelly actually asked Trump at the first Republican debate:
"You've called women you don't like, 'fat pigs,' 'dogs,' 'slobs,' and 'disgusting animals... Your Twitter account has several disparaging comments about women's looks. You once told a contestant on 'Celebrity Apprentice' it would be a pretty picture to see her on her knees. Does that sound to you like the temperament of a man we should elect as president?"
This was a completely fair question on his record, and Trump blew a gasket. He whined and complained that it was a "nasty" question and that Kelly was treating him unfairly. Let me play Devil's Advocate for a minute. I understand that sometimes people lose their cool and say things in the heat of the moment. His behavior was unacceptable, sure, but one could almost overlook it. Running for President is an incredibly stressful experience and he let off some steam. He was angry at a fair question, popped off and moved on. Had it been over at that point, we could move past it.
But he did not drop it, and we cannot move past it. This shows who and what Donald Trump truly is. Three weeks later - THREE WEEKS LATER - Trump blows another gasket because he is still holding a grudge and viciously personally attacks and insults Ms. Kelly. He calls her a "bimbo" because of a fair question three weeks earlier.
Folks, this is not he behavior of a "fighter" who "speaks his mind." That is complete nonsense and I have no patience for it. This is the behavior of a thin-skinned, petulant, cowardly bully and wimp who cannot take even the tiniest bit of criticism. Donald Trump is not a fighter who speaks his mind. He is a weak, pathetic crybaby. The man has no class, no honor, and no integrity. He deserves no respect. The last thing we need is to have this tantrum throwing spoiled child anywhere near the presidency. He is the epitome of political correctness - shouting down anyone who offends him.
It continually amazes me that so many people have been fooled by his charade.
Look, I get it. People are fed up with wimpy, spineless politicians who will not stand up for what is right or collapse immediately when they do. In Donald Trump's bluff and bluster, people see someone who is not afraid and who is not worried about what people think of him. What other Presidential candidate would appear at Wrestlemania and hit someone with a clothesline, for example?
But one you tear away all of the bragging, the chest-pounding and the loud rhetoric, you see what Donald Trump really is: He is a frightened little boy who cries like a baby every time he gets even the mildest criticism. He is a bully who can dish it out but runs to the corner to cry like a little girl when someone dares give back one tenth of one percent of what he dishes out. This man is not fit to be President.
Stop it. The fact that so many people are so dim-witted that they cannot see what Donald Trump is really all about worries me. We need serious leaders with real courage and real solutions, not a reality TV star who occasionally shows up to tackle someone at Wrestlemania. Believe me, I smell what The Donald is cooking and it stinks to high heaven.
Note: All posts must be approved by the blog owner before they are visible on the blog.
Below are the rules for commenting on ConservaTibbs.com.
- A reasonable level of civility is expected. While it is expected that controversial political and social issues may generate heated debate, there are common-sense limits of civility that will be enforced.
- This blog is a family-friendly site. Therefore no cursing, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, etc. will be allowed. This is a zero-tolerance rule and will result in automatic deletion of the offending post.
- Anonymity has greatly coarsened discourse on the Internet, so pseudonyms are discouraged but not forbidden. That said, any direct criticism of a person by name cannot be done anonymously. If you criticize someone, you have to subject yourself to the same level of scrutiny or the comment will be deleted.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the post.
- All moderation decisions are final. I may post an explanation or I may not, depending on the situation. If you have a question or a concern about a moderation decision, e-mail me privately rather than posting in the comments.
Thank you for your cooperation.