|Wednesday, January 27, 2016|
Posted by Scott Tibbs at 4:00 AM (#)
I am so sick of the "pragmatic" argument for stopping Hillary Clinton from becoming President at any cost that I literally want to vomit. I see this all the time from "conservatives" who justify voting for any Republican, no matter how flawed and no matter what his ideology, just to oppose Mrs. Clinton.
A friend of mine on Facebook described the argument like this:
|This is the statement of someone who has intellectually and morally checked out. This sort of cynical and supposedly pragmatic thinking has left the Republican Party in shambles, with no real leadership or discernible reason for being.|
The argument goes something like this:
"Oh, well, I know this Republican is a pro-abortion extremist who defends partial-birth abortion, and he has a long history of being anti-gun, and he is for same-sex marriage, and he openly praises Communist butchers and murderers, and he brags about his plans to murder innocent people including women and children, and he wants to strictly limit free speech."
"I know he is also a nasty, foul-mouthed bully, and he is a thin-skinned crybaby who throws a temper tantrum any time he gets even mild criticism, and he donated $50,000 to Rahm Emanuel and tens of thousands more to other far-Left Democrats, and he praised ObamaCare, and he has repeatedly abandoned his wives for younger women. However, he is just a shade better than Hillary Clinton so I will vote for him. Any Republican is better than a Democrat!"
This is not just a case where someone has sold out his principles. No, this is much worse both in this life and eternally, and someone has to say it. This is idolatry, and it is shocking and disgusting to see self-proclaimed Christians making this argument. This is making the Republican Party into a god, and I have no patience for it. The Republican Party is not god. Jesus Christ is God and we know from 1 Corinthians 10:20-21 that if you worship anything else you worship demons. Repent!
Note: All posts must be approved by the blog owner before they are visible on the blog.
Below are the rules for commenting on ConservaTibbs.com.
- A reasonable level of civility is expected. While it is expected that controversial political and social issues may generate heated debate, there are common-sense limits of civility that will be enforced.
- This blog is a family-friendly site. Therefore no cursing, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, etc. will be allowed. This is a zero-tolerance rule and will result in automatic deletion of the offending post.
- Anonymity has greatly coarsened discourse on the Internet, so pseudonyms are discouraged but not forbidden. That said, any direct criticism of a person by name cannot be done anonymously. If you criticize someone, you have to subject yourself to the same level of scrutiny or the comment will be deleted.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the post.
- All moderation decisions are final. I may post an explanation or I may not, depending on the situation. If you have a question or a concern about a moderation decision, e-mail me privately rather than posting in the comments.
Thank you for your cooperation.