|Wednesday, January 20, 2016|
Posted by Scott Tibbs at 4:00 AM (#)
No, I am not running for office this year. I will, however, be on the ballot in the May 3 Republican primary election.
I filed my papers last week to run for state convention delegate. The state convention delegates will vote on the state party's platform and we will also choose the Republican nominees for attorney general, superintendent of public instruction and lieutenant governor. So while Republican primary voters do not get to choose the candidates for those offices directly, the voters to get to choose indirectly by choosing state convention delegates.
A little about myself. I have been a Republican activist for twenty years, starting with the IU College Republicans in 1995 and multiple election cycles since then. I am the incumbent Republican precinct committeeman in Perry 5, having won elections in 2008 and a close three-way contest in 2012. I ran for Bloomington Township Board in 2006 and I ran for an at-large seat on the Bloomington City Council last year. I have been an active writer, promoting conservative values in the public square for two decades.
It is important that we elect conservative delegates to the state convention because of current pressures on the party to compromise conservative values. It is especially disappointing to see this with Republican supermajorities in both houses of the state legislature. Because delegates vote on the party platform, Republican primary voters can have a voice on that process by electing conservative state convention delegates.
If you live in Perry Township, I will be on your ballot in the May 3 primary election. I humbly ask for your vote.
Note: All posts must be approved by the blog owner before they are visible on the blog.
Below are the rules for commenting on ConservaTibbs.com.
- A reasonable level of civility is expected. While it is expected that controversial political and social issues may generate heated debate, there are common-sense limits of civility that will be enforced.
- This blog is a family-friendly site. Therefore no cursing, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, etc. will be allowed. This is a zero-tolerance rule and will result in automatic deletion of the offending post.
- Anonymity has greatly coarsened discourse on the Internet, so pseudonyms are discouraged but not forbidden. That said, any direct criticism of a person by name cannot be done anonymously. If you criticize someone, you have to subject yourself to the same level of scrutiny or the comment will be deleted.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the post.
- All moderation decisions are final. I may post an explanation or I may not, depending on the situation. If you have a question or a concern about a moderation decision, e-mail me privately rather than posting in the comments.
Thank you for your cooperation.