Posted by Scott Tibbs at 10:00 AM (#)
The silly dust-up over a nude photo of Donald Trump's model wife demonstrates just how stupid this man is, and how he is therefore completely unqualified to be President due to that stupidity.
First, let's make one thing very, very clear: Absolutely no wrong was done to Trump or his wife in publishing that meme. This is not a case where a paparazzi stalker took pictures of someone without her knowledge or consent, which has been done to other celebrities. This is not a case where hackers stole private photos from someone's iCloud account and posted them online. This is not even a case where someone took pictures from Facebook that were limited to a small number of "friends" and distributed them publicly.
This is a case where a woman knowingly and intentionally posed nude, for a magazine photo shoot, with the desire to see those photos distributed as widely as possible in public. If Trump has this much of a problem with these pictures, he should not have permitted her to do the photo shoot. (Of course, a wife or girlfriend should and does have the same veto over her husband or boyfriend doing a racy photo shoot, so please spare me the "misogyny" nonsense.)
It is true that, generally, politicians' spouses and family should be off-limits. But when a politician's spouse makes himself or herself a public figure, that rule does not apply. The most glaring example is Bill Clinton, who was President of these United States for eight years. Obviously, he will figure strongly in his wife's campaign and it is expected he will have a major role in her administration if she is elected. With Mrs. Trump, she willfully exposed herself to public scrutiny, so her modeling is a legitimate topic of discussion.
Finally, Trump shows he does not know the basics of campaign finance law, and this ignorance is not encouraging in someone who may be President. Political Action Committees are independent of the candidates and no coordination is allowed between candidates and PACs that support them. If Ted Cruz knew about the anti-Trump meme before it went public, then Cruz broke the law. If Trump legitimate believes that Cruz engaged in illegal coordination, then Trump needs to put up or shut up. Instead of personally attacking Heidi Cruz's appearance, Trump should file a complaint with the Federal Election Commission.
All in all, this is just another example of how Donald Trump is both profoundly ignorant and dim-witted. He should not be anywhere near the White House and the awesome power of the Presidency.
Note: All posts must be approved by the blog owner before they are visible on the blog.
Below are the rules for commenting on ConservaTibbs.com.
- A reasonable level of civility is expected. While it is expected that controversial political and social issues may generate heated debate, there are common-sense limits of civility that will be enforced.
- This blog is a family-friendly site. Therefore no cursing, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, etc. will be allowed. This is a zero-tolerance rule and will result in automatic deletion of the offending post.
- Anonymity has greatly coarsened discourse on the Internet, so pseudonyms are discouraged but not forbidden. That said, any direct criticism of a person by name cannot be done anonymously. If you criticize someone, you have to subject yourself to the same level of scrutiny or the comment will be deleted.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the post.
- All moderation decisions are final. I may post an explanation or I may not, depending on the situation. If you have a question or a concern about a moderation decision, e-mail me privately rather than posting in the comments.
Thank you for your cooperation.