Posted by Scott Tibbs at 4:00 AM (#)
An open letter to #NeverTrump Republicans,
I understand you are frustrated and why you cannot in good conscience vote for Donald Trump in the 2016 general election. Nonetheless, it is important that you turn out and vote for other Republicans in down-ballot races.
At the federal level, it is important that we elect conservative Republicans to the House and senate who are committed to opposing a big-government agenda from the White House. Republicans may not have moved the ball forward much in the last five years, but they have ended Barack Obama's legislative agenda and moved us closer to fiscal sanity. Even if you refuse to vote for Trump, we need other conservatives fighting the good fight in Washington.
At the state level, "red states" have made amazing progress in advancing conservative values over the last five years since the 2010 wave. We have seen significant advances in protections for the unborn, we have seen efforts to limit government, restrict the power of labor unions, and advance other conservative ideas. You may not like what is happening in Washington, but the real action is at the state level.
Where your vote matters most, and where your vote is needed most, is for Republicans running for local government. In a much smaller electorate, each vote matters much more than in votes for governor, senator and especially President. Local elections may be decided by a few hundred votes or even a dozen votes or less. Here in Monroe County, we have a tremendous set of candidates that can roll back restrictions of our private property rights, expand transparency in local government, and stand against sneaky, underhanded and unethical attempts to "fast track" controversial Leftist agenda items by hiding them from the public.
Vote your conscience at the top of the ballot, but please do not punish Republicans at the state and local level because of your objections to the Republican Party's nominee for President.
Below are the rules for commenting on ConservaTibbs.com.
- A reasonable level of civility is expected. While it is expected that controversial political and social issues may generate heated debate, there are common-sense limits of civility that will be enforced.
- This blog is a family-friendly site. Therefore no cursing, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, etc. will be allowed. This is a zero-tolerance rule and will result in automatic deletion of the offending post.
- Anonymity has greatly coarsened discourse on the Internet, so pseudonyms are discouraged but not forbidden. That said, any direct criticism of a person by name may not be done anonymously. If you criticize someone, you must subject yourself to the same level of scrutiny or the comment will be deleted.
- You must put a name or pseudonym on your comments. All comments by "Anonymous" will be deleted.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the post.
Thank you for your cooperation.