Posted by Scott Tibbs at 4:00 AM (#)
Christian Citizens for Life is Monroe County's anti-abortion organization, committed to defending all innocent human life from fertilization to natural death. They do quite a bit to advocate for the unborn and educate the public about life issues and local public policy. Here is how to follow CCFL:
- CCFL on Twitter - Follow CCFL for updates in your social network news feed.
- CCFL on YouTube - CCFL has uploaded several videos of recent events and will be uploading more going forward. If you cannot attend an event, you may be able to watch it later.
In addition to following CCFL online, you can participate in CCFL's community events. There are three events that take place every year, plus more that pop up. Follow the CCFL events page for details.
Rally for Life: Every January, CCFL sadly remembers the Supreme Court decision that threw out laws against abortion in all 50 states and opened the floodgates allowing the slaughter of 50 million unborn babies. There are always good speakers, free hot chocolate, and a reminder that you are not alone.
Monroe County Fair booth: CCFL reaches out to the community every summer with a booth at the county fair, handing out literature and hoping to educate people about the horror of abortion. Stop by and say hi!
Life Chain: CCFL stretches a Life Chain along Third Street every October with a pro-life message. This is part of the National Life Chain that takes place all across the nation the same day.
Everything CCFL does takes money. It costs money to reserve the courthouse, pay for insurance, reserve the fair booth and host the website. If you want to help CCFL stand for life in Monroe County, you can send a check to P.O. Box 2043, Bloomington, IN 47402. CCFL is currently exploring options for online donations.
Note: All posts must be approved by the blog owner before they are visible on the blog.
Below are the rules for commenting on ConservaTibbs.com.
- A reasonable level of civility is expected. While it is expected that controversial political and social issues may generate heated debate, there are common-sense limits of civility that will be enforced.
- This blog is a family-friendly site. Therefore no cursing, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, etc. will be allowed. This is a zero-tolerance rule and will result in automatic deletion of the offending post.
- Anonymity has greatly coarsened discourse on the Internet, so pseudonyms are discouraged but not forbidden. That said, any direct criticism of a person by name cannot be done anonymously. If you criticize someone, you have to subject yourself to the same level of scrutiny or the comment will be deleted.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the post.
- All moderation decisions are final. I may post an explanation or I may not, depending on the situation. If you have a question or a concern about a moderation decision, e-mail me privately rather than posting in the comments.
Thank you for your cooperation.