|Thursday, September 1, 2016|
Posted by Scott Tibbs at 4:00 AM (#)
I never knew Fareed Zakaria was such a yuuuge supporter of Donald Trump. He might as well be, because that is the effect of the editorial written by this arrogant, elitist, condescending, self righteous Pharisee.
Let me bottom line it for you. If you are anti-Trump, mocking and ridiculing the working-class white voters who support him is the single most counterproductive way you can make your point. You might as well be openly campaigning for Trump, because that is the effect of your words. There are many good arguments to be made against Trump. I have made more than a few myself. But attacking working-class white voters will not move them away from Trump. Instead, it will harden and intensify their support of him and even softens the opposition to Trump among other groups when they see this naked bigotry.
The reality of the 2016 political landscape is that working-class whites have felt abandoned for years by the elites of both parties, and many of them see Trump as the one person who is addressing their concerns. Whether this belief is justified or not is irrelevant. This is the reality of how many people think, and you have to engage in the real world instead of how you wish the world was. If Trump's opponents want to peel working-class whites away from Trump, mocking and ridiculing them will not work. Instead, explain why Trump's policies (specifically his trade policies) are not going to be helpful to the people who support him most fervently.
This is a populist revolt, so attacking the people revolting is like pouring gasoline on the fire.
Note: All posts must be approved by the blog owner before they are visible on the blog.
Below are the rules for commenting on ConservaTibbs.com.
- A reasonable level of civility is expected. While it is expected that controversial political and social issues may generate heated debate, there are common-sense limits of civility that will be enforced.
- This blog is a family-friendly site. Therefore no cursing, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, etc. will be allowed. This is a zero-tolerance rule and will result in automatic deletion of the offending post.
- Anonymity has greatly coarsened discourse on the Internet, so pseudonyms are discouraged but not forbidden. That said, any direct criticism of a person by name cannot be done anonymously. If you criticize someone, you have to subject yourself to the same level of scrutiny or the comment will be deleted.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the post.
- All moderation decisions are final. I may post an explanation or I may not, depending on the situation. If you have a question or a concern about a moderation decision, e-mail me privately rather than posting in the comments.
Thank you for your cooperation.