|Tuesday, September 13, 2016|
Posted by Scott Tibbs at 4:00 AM (#)
I get a question now and then about the subjects I choose to write about. Why do I choose this topic instead of that one? Why am I wasting space on this issue? Why am I not covering that important issue?
The answer is simple. I long ago accepted the reality I will never be a major pundit or political figure. I will never be a columnist, radio talk show host or TV personality, and I certainly will never turn this blog into my full-time job. So why do I still do what I do? This blog is a hobby. That does not mean I do not believe in the principles I advocate or the arguments I make, but I know what it this is and once I accepted that I enjoyed doing it more. Would it be nice to have a bigger audience? Sure. But sometimes it is what it is.
So to keep this enjoyable, and to keep my interest in doing it, I write about things that interest me. Ideally, I will have three posts every week. If I am really fired up about a number of things, then I may have five posts in a week. If you have something you think needs to be addressed that I am not addressing, you can set up your own blog, for free, at any number of places or post on social media.
Furthermore, I am a realist about my reach. The number of unique visitors to my blog is very small. I very rarely post anything about a hot topic until it is at least a few days old, so my the time my pre-scheduled post hits the blog at 4:00 a.m. there will be much less interest in the issue I am writing about. I am doing this because I have something I want to say. I don't expect I will have any unique insight into what is going on, even in issues that are about local government where I live.
So there you have it.
Note: All posts must be approved by the blog owner before they are visible on the blog.
Below are the rules for commenting on ConservaTibbs.com.
- A reasonable level of civility is expected. While it is expected that controversial political and social issues may generate heated debate, there are common-sense limits of civility that will be enforced.
- This blog is a family-friendly site. Therefore no cursing, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, etc. will be allowed. This is a zero-tolerance rule and will result in automatic deletion of the offending post.
- Anonymity has greatly coarsened discourse on the Internet, so pseudonyms are discouraged but not forbidden. That said, any direct criticism of a person by name cannot be done anonymously. If you criticize someone, you have to subject yourself to the same level of scrutiny or the comment will be deleted.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the post.
- All moderation decisions are final. I may post an explanation or I may not, depending on the situation. If you have a question or a concern about a moderation decision, e-mail me privately rather than posting in the comments.
Thank you for your cooperation.