Posted by Scott Tibbs at 4:00 AM (#)
We often hear in politics that those on the other side or in the other political party are our opponents, not our enemies. This is generally true and we should operate under the assumption that the other side is wrong, not evil. But let's be honest: If you are involved in politics and/or you consistently speak in public on controversial political and cultural issues, you will have enemies. This is especially true if you are a Christian who speaks Biblical truth. Jesus Christ promises we will be persecuted, because we are not greater than our Master.
In fact, when Jesus tells us to love our enemies, He presupposes that we will have enemies. If we do not have enemies, we cannot obey this command. Scripture is filled with examples. Take a look at the Psalms, which is the Christian's prayer book, and see how often the psalmist refers to "my enemies."
I most certainly have enemies. This is not me being paranoid or overly sensitive. This is me recognizing reality. There are people who will viciously personally attack me and spread lies about me no matter what I do or say. There are people who will attempt to blackmail and threaten me into silence when I dare to say things they do not want to hear. We live in an effeminate age, and when someone recognizes reality and refers to anyone as "my enemies" people are shocked and scandalized.
So yes, I will point out when I am being unjustly attacked, and I will continue to point out that the people who obsessively do that are my enemies. Also, I am not the one who chose to have enemies. I would rather we be able to be civil. I am simply recognizing reality: Some people hate me and are my enemies.
Note: All posts must be approved by the blog owner before they are visible on the blog.
Below are the rules for commenting on ConservaTibbs.com.
- A reasonable level of civility is expected. While it is expected that controversial political and social issues may generate heated debate, there are common-sense limits of civility that will be enforced.
- This blog is a family-friendly site. Therefore no cursing, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, etc. will be allowed. This is a zero-tolerance rule and will result in automatic deletion of the offending post.
- Anonymity has greatly coarsened discourse on the Internet, so pseudonyms are discouraged but not forbidden. That said, any direct criticism of a person by name cannot be done anonymously. If you criticize someone, you have to subject yourself to the same level of scrutiny or the comment will be deleted.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the post.
- All moderation decisions are final. I may post an explanation or I may not, depending on the situation. If you have a question or a concern about a moderation decision, e-mail me privately rather than posting in the comments.
Thank you for your cooperation.