Say no to heatstroke
About 10 years ago, Tera the Beagle was sleeping outside in the sun. When I checked on her, she was panting heavily, so I made her come inside into the air conditioning. She proceeded to whine and howl and carry on because she wanted to sleep in the sun.
No. I am not going to allow you to get heatstroke because you are too stupid to know you are overheating, or too stubborn to care. You are staying inside. Maybe I am a helicopter dog owner, but better safe than sorry.
Tera died of old age in 2019. RIP, Tera.