|Wednesday, February 15, 2012|
Posted by Scott Tibbs at 5:30 AM (#)
Three years ago, there was much fanfare about the inauguration of our first black President. It was seen as evidence that we are moving beyond racial tensions and much was said and written about the historic nature of Barack Obama becoming President. What is sad is that this President campaigned on a platform of oppressing black people and has governed as he campaigned. Not only has Obama failed to stand for oppressed blacks, he has supported that oppression.
During Black History Month, it is appropriate to note that according to the US Census Bureau, white women had 668,000 abortions in 2007 while black women had 448,000 abortions that same year. There were 13.8 abortions per 1000 white women and 48.2 abortions per 1000 black women that year. Abortion has devastated the black community.
Barack Obama had a unique opportunity to stand against this injustice. He could have stood in defense of the millions of black babies that are brutally slaughtered by the abortion industry each year. However, he instead chose the politically convenient route and abandoned millions of black babies to the cruel instruments of the abortionist. He has supported an industry that has depleted the black population in a way that white supremacists could only dream of accomplishing.
Obama knows the numbers. The numbers I cited above, as well as the numbers I cited during Black History Month in 2010 and 2011 are not a secret - they are well known. Abortion's tragic impact on blacks is why Jesse Jackson once opposed abortion, before he sold his soul and abandoned his race for political gain.
Obama claims to be a Christian. But as someone who has been given the sword to protect the innocent, he should read and prayerfully consider Matthew 25:31-46. Not only has Obama refused to stand for the oppressed, he has joined in this oppression. Obama may be shocked to hear the words "I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." (Matthew 7:23)
Below are the rules for commenting on ConservaTibbs.com.
- A reasonable level of civility is expected. While it is expected that controversial political and social issues may generate heated debate, there are common-sense limits of civility that will be enforced.
- This blog is a family-friendly site. Therefore no cursing, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, etc. will be allowed. This is a zero-tolerance rule and will result in automatic deletion of the offending post.
- Anonymity has greatly coarsened discourse on the Internet, so pseudonyms are discouraged but not forbidden. That said, any direct criticism of a person by name may not be done anonymously. If you criticize someone, you must subject yourself to the same level of scrutiny or the comment will be deleted.
- You must put a name or pseudonym on your comments. All comments by "Anonymous" will be deleted.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the post.
Thank you for your cooperation.